We've picked up this hotel after having read many good reviews about it. After 5 nights spent there in various rooms we can confirm this is likely to be the best choice. Let me give you a couple of good reasons :
- the location is just perfect : 5mn walk up to the historical part of Taormina, 15mn down to Isola Bella beach ( worth out of peak season ).
- the staff is very friendly and helpful. A special mention to Tea from the reception desk and Maria who works at the roof terrace restaurant.
- the rooms have been redesigned 2 years ago. They are quite large and with very good taste. Do not spend your money in a Junior suite. Better book a deluxe room with clear sea view. The 202 and 204 are just very nice. You'll pay around 200 to 270€ per night breakfast & taxes included.
- the roof top terrace is spectacular with amazing view on the sea and the Etna
- the breakfast is homemade 100% and offers a very wide range. Excellent products.
- We've had dinner twice at the hotel and were very happy with local specialties of the day. Cheap.
All details can be found on their website http://www.hotelvillacarlottataormina.com/
A post is following soon with restaurant recommendation.